Friday, November 14, 2008

Ravioli in a Pumpkin, Butter, and Balsamic Sauce

This was beyond good and takes less than fifteen minutes to make! I do not have a clue who or what is giving me weird recipe ideas or if its coming out of my own brain but I would have never thought to combine these ingredients till I looked in the pantry and saw the ravioli and abundance of pumpkin I had leftover from my halloween pumpkin! Try it... its really yummy

You want a pan that is big enough to hold all the raviolis in one layer. If you are doubling it, cook two batches or use two pans.

12 large cheese filled ravioli
6 T butter
4 T balsamic vinegar
1- 1 1/2 c pumpkin puree or about 1-2 cans of it
a little sprinkle of grated parmesan for garnish
option - chopped sage leaves for garnish.

Seriously.

Find a shallow pan big enough to put raviolis in a single layer over medium high. Melt the butter over medium high. Let the butter bubble up and froth a minute till its good and hot. Add ravioli and cook without playing with them, for 2-3 minutes till they begin to brown. Flip them over, and cook 2 more minutes, Add balsamic. It will bubble and carmelize a little. Leave this for a minute more. Dump pumpkin on top. Flip raviolis one more time to heat up pumpkin and let simmer for about 2 more minutes.

Put on plates. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and if desired some chopped sage leaves for garish.

I cannot believe how good this tasted! A great way to wash it down is with a cool glass of organic apple cider.



No comments: